Dover Athletic Football Club is committed to working in the local community and supporting local charities through the provision of match day tickets for the purpose of fundraising.
Each year Dover Athletic helps many local charities, good causes and fundraising events by providing its support in this way.
The club also nominates two official charities per year and provides support in raising awareness and funds.
Sorry, we are unable to provide financial assistance or support to individual or group fundraisers or collections, other than our nominated Charites.
Dover Athletic FC supports local charities and good causes within the Dover District. Due to the high volume of requests received each month, we cannot support requests from outside this area.
Applying for support
All charitable requests must be submitted at least four weeks in advance of the event.
All requests must be made in writing to the club, preferably via email to email@example.com or in writing to Charity Requests, Dover Athletic Football Club, Crabble Stadium, Lewisham Road, Dover, CT17 0JB.
Sorry, but we are unable to accept requests by telephone.
Written requests must be submitted on the organisation’s official letterhead, email
must be from your organisations address.
Your request must include the following information:
- The organisation’s name, address and charity number (where applicable)
- Contact name, postal address and email address as well as contact phone number
- Type of event – some background for the donations request
- Day, Date, Time
- Event location
- Beneficiary of the funds raised
Charity requests will be considered by the club and responded to accordingly
(usually via email).
The club cannot guarantee fulfillment of each request due to the high volume we
receive however we try our best.
Reasons for declining your request may include:
- The charity is based outside the local community.
- Short notice – the request has been received with less than four weeks notice.
- The season is closed and therefore the request cannot be processed in time to meet
the required deadline.
- There is insufficient written evidence to support the request.
- Your charity or cause has political links
Sorry, we are unable to accommodate bucket collections on match days.
Due to the large number of requests we receive we are normally unable to provide
signed merchandise, however, we provide a limited number of items in exceptional
cases throughout the season.
Each Christmas, Dover Athletic Football Club visit children’s wards around the area.
Players, Management and Captain Crab meet youngsters receiving care over the
festive season and their parents, before handing out presents
Last updated 5/10/15