The Dover Athletic Academy will be holding trials at 10.30am on Tuesday 16th February, at The Abbey School in Faversham. Current Year 11 students are invited to come along.
Our Academy gives students the opportunity to represent Dover Athletic FC in the Conference Youth League, the highest level outside of professional status.
The Academy players train everyday like professionals, improving their knowledge of the game and allowing a seamless progression into senior football. The players also study a wide range of courses in our Sixth Form tailored to suit their academic needs and career aspirations.
The Academy has been very successful over the past couple of years resulting in two players making the England Schoolboys squad, reaching the first round of the FA Youth Cup, playing against Professional Clubs, one of our players receiving a full American Scholarship at The University of Florida and a number of others earning first team contracts with established senior clubs, including DAFC.
*BS*What do you need to know?*BF*
– Trials take place on Tuesday 16th February, during half-term, with registration at 10.30am for an 11.00am start. They will finish approximately 2.00pm.
-Bring full training kit including shin pads.
– It will be outside on the 3G pitch at The Abbey School (suitable for football boots).
– Trials will consist of a variety of matches.
– There will be shower and changing room facilities available for you to use.
– Parents are welcome to stay and watch.
Following the trial, you will receive a letter in the post informing you of the outcome. If you are successful but cannot make the first alternative trial date then alternative arrangements can be made to accommodate this situation.
As this opportunity is in partnership with The Abbey School, if successful you would be expected to take up your Sixth Form studies at the school.
For more information, or to register a place for the trial day, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org