Whites continued their unbeaten run against Wrexham with a goalless draw at the Racecourse ground on Saturday afternoon.

Both teams led the way in the National League goals conceded column prior to kick off and that trend continued in a match of few opportunities.

The first chance of note fell to George Miller, but the Middlesbrough loanee sliced horribly wide after Connor Essam misjudged a long ball.

Minutes late, home keeper Chris Dunn was at full stretch to turn away Nortei Nortey’s speculative twenty-yard effort.

Dragons fans celebrations were cut short as Scott Boden was unable to connect to Miller’s dangerous cross.

And Miller almost gave the Welsh side the lead on the stroke of half-time with a header, only for Femi Ilesanmi to flick the ball away for a corner before the striker could make contact with the ball.

The resulting set piece saw a clash of heads between Essam and Manny Parry, leaving both defenders sprawled on the floor needing treatment after the referee signalled for half-time.

Both players eventually made their way down the tunnel to join the manager’s teamtalk, but only Parry returned for the restart with Essam unable to continue.  Loui Fazakerley came on to take the place of Dover’s sweeper.

Both Gallifuoco and Shaun Pearson flashed headers wide at the break, with Marcus Kelly curling a free-kick straight into the arms of Mitch Walker shortly afterwards.

And Dover’s stopper was then called into action as Wrexham fashioned their best chance of the match.

James Jennings’ pinpoint cross was directed goalwards by Miller, but his header lacked the power to truly test Walker, who comfortably dived onto the ball.

Athletic’s number one was far more concerned by Jennings’ drive, flinging himself across his goalline as the fullback fizzed a twenty-yard shot narrowly wide.

The home side fashioned one more chance late on, but Walker was well placed to hold onto Paul Rutherford’s volley after Kevin Roberts’ attempted shot cannoned towards the midfielder.

Earlier, boss Kinnear made one change to the side that beat Eastbourne in the FA Trophy last week.  Josh Passley returned in place of Ejiro Okosieme, who is injured.

The point sees Athletic rise one place to third in the table, three points behind current leaders Macclesfield Town.

Dover next host Maidstone on Tuesday 26th December.  Kick off 3pm.

Wrexham:  Dunn, Jennings, Smith, Pearson (c), Wedgbury, Holroyd, Miller (Massanka 88), Rutherford, Kelly, Roberts, Boden.

Subs not used:  Dibble, Mackreth, Hurst, Carrington.

Dover:  Walker, Gallifuoco, Essam (Fazakerley 45), Parry, Passley (Richards 85), Ilesanmi, Brundle (c), Nortey, Pinnock, Bird, Jeffrey (Daniel 65).

Subs not used:  Alabi, Deen-Conteh.

Attendance:  4,980

Referee:  Thomas Bramall