Another clean sheet for super Mitch’s side.

Dover looked to have brought their form from Saturday after a blistering opening few minutes saw both a penalty shout turned down and an effort by George Nikaj get bundled wide.

Skipper Lee Martin was injured during the warm up and was replaced by Luke Baptiste, who set up alongside Freddie Oliver in the heart of the midfield, who continued where he left off last week. Oliver was unfortunate to be booked early on for what was an early reducer but the referee was having none of it.

It was Nikaj who looked the more likely to threaten the score board when he hit the back of the net after the ball ricocheted back off the post, only for the offside flag to ruin his post goal celebration.

Moments later it was another chance for the forward who took a ball beautifully on his chest while facing his own goal, swivelled, but only managed to hit his shot into the floor. It wasn’t for the want of trying from Nikaj who had showed desire and endeavour but had nothing yet for his efforts.

Havant managed to weather the early storm and gradually grew into the game, showing attacking promise through ex Dover full back, Josh Passley.

Danny Wright blazed over in the 10th minute when he really should have done better but besides the odd flurry of attacks, The Whites seemed to have the visitors at arms length as the two teams went into the break level at half time.

On the hour mark, the visitors were given a reprieve when Miller-Rodney clattered Oliver, having been booked just minutes earlier. The referee didn’t see the incident but the Havant man should of been heading for an early shower.

Moments later and Nikaj’s race was run after he was left in a heap on the floor. The Whites were going to have to be creative in the last 20 minutes of the match with both central midfield players missing in Higgs and Martin and now Nikaj coming off.

The injuries were beginning to wrack up for Brundle as Freddie Oliver followed Nikaj to the physio’s room, limping off to be replaced by Will Moses.

Luke Wanadio missed the win on Saturday due to illness but he didn’t miss the Havant goal in the 79th minute. Wanadio played a ball through the Carney whose cross found Ajayi in the middle. His shot was straight into the body of Sharman-Lowe, only for the ball to bounce back out into the path of Wanadio who fired into the net.

Havant huffed and puffed as they looked for an equaliser but the Whites held on to record another three points on the board. It was the third clean sheet in as many games and 11 points from 15. Brundle’s army marches once more.


Dover Athletic: Nelson, Judd, Paxman, Goodman, Sterling, Wanadio, Ajayi, Nikaj, Pierrick, Oliver, Martin

Subs: Moses, Carney, Agbebi, Baptiste, Brundle

Havant & Waterlooville: Sharman-Lowe, Passley, Newton, Oastler, McCarthy, Kealy, Miller-Rodney, Collins, Gobern, Wright, Shroll

Subs: Nembhard, Rooney, Roberts, Burnett, Matthews

Attendance: 422