*BS*Dover go into this weekend’s Ryman One South fixture against Tooting & Mitcham hoping to build on their last-gasp victory against Leatherhead 10 days ago.*BF*
Since that win, courtesy of two free-kick goals by Craig Cloke and Shane Hamshare, Whites’ players have been resting their bones. With a raft of injury doubts, the break has possibly come at the right time for boss Clive Walker.
For this weekend’s game, Liam Quinn is suspended, Lee Spiller continues to sit out for some weeks to come, whilst Danny Chapman, Tony Browne, Bradley Spice and Tommy Tyne are all at least doubtful.
Tooting come into the game second in the form table but with a fixture list starting to stack up. Taking a point or three from Crabble would be a huge boost to their play-off credentials.
*BS*2006/2007 league records so far..*BF*
5th – Dover Athletic P=32 W=14 D=10 L=08 F=47 A=34 GD=+13 Pts=52
7th – Tooting & Mit. P=28 W=13 D=08 L=07 F=45 A=30 GD=+15 Pts=47
*BS*Form (last six games)*BF*
Dover = WLLLDW (11th)
Tooting = WWWWDD (2nd)
*BS*Tooting & Mitcham statistics:*BF*
– Unbeaten in last nine games
– Unbeaten away in last three matches
– Own league’s joint-fifth top-scorer Paul Vines (12 goals in 25 league matches)
– Did the double over league leaders Maidstone
– Best defensive record in the league (30 goals conceded)
– Only lost to one current top six side (Hastings away)
– Have fluctuated between 6th place and 20th in the league table this season
– Have only won three times on the road
– Beat Dulwich 7-6 away in their FA Trophy replay back in October
*IS*Following Saturday’s crucial league game, Athletic are set to host Ryman Premier side Bromley in the Kent Senior Cup quarter final on Tuesday at 7.45pm.*IF*